Linux Client Configuration
Setting up NixVPN, the FREE SSLVPN client on a Linux system is pretty straight forward
Login to the user portal provided by your System Administrator. Eg: htts://vpn.yourcompany.com:7443
Step 2:Once logged in, Download the Client package by clicking on LINUX CLIENT link.
Step 3:Once downloaded, extract the package and note the NixVPN.ovpn file location.
Step 4:Install the client packages with your package manager.
Eg: on ubuntu,
sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gnome network-manager-vpnc-gnome
- Click on the Network Connections
- Click ADD and choose Import a Saved VPN configuration from the menu
- Browse to the extracted NixVPN.ovpn file and click import.
- Click on the Source File Section, browse to the ZIP extracted place.
- Select the NixVPN.ovpn file and click on import.
Fill your Username and Password on the import window, and click save.
Now, click on NixVPN on the VPN connection name to get connected.